- The Knicks are really beginning to miss having a real point guard on the floor. In the fourth quarter against the Sixers, nobody could handle the rock with any sort of confidence, and against the Grizzlies, the Knicks gave the ball up 18 times, and generally couldn't run an efficient offensive set. Somebody tell Baron Davis to see those German doctors that Kobe Bryant saw.
- Don't read too much into Amar'e's poor game. We already know Amar'e struggles without a legitimate point guard, and between foul trouble, and the lack of another scoring presence in Anthony, the Grizzlies didn't really have to worry about any other scorers on the Knicks.
- Carmelo Anthony sprained his ankle, but X-rays were negative. The Knicks are supposed to play the Oklahoma City Thunder on Saturday (actually, they will play them. I don't know why I put "supposed". OK, back to the sentence), and without Anthony, Kevin Durant will surely gobble up any Knicks defender. Not that Anthony would stop Durant, but at least they could take turns gobbling up each other on offense. However, given the compressed schedule, I'd rather see Melo sit that game and get ready for the Orlando game on Monday. Give that ankle some time to heal
- Thanks Bill Walker, for having a great game when it almost didn't even matter. The same could go to Landry Fields, who boosted his stats a bit in garbage time. Whatever. Maybe that will give them some confidence heading into the next game.
- Yo, Iman, chill out with the jumpers. I know the dude is only a rookie, but his biggest criticism coming into the NBA was his shot selection and he showed why last night.
- Not that this matters, but Rudy Gay had a season-high 26 points last night. He's considered their best player without Z-Bo, right? 26 points seems a little low, does it not? I don't know, that just surprised me.
The Bright Side
- The Knicks still held a good team to only 94 points on 45% shooting, with 16 turnovers. Hey, the defense right now is looking better than the offense, and with D'Antoni as coach, you know the offense will come around. We still have a very good point guard on the bench, waiting to come back and give this team a boost. Come mid- or late February, this team could really be clicking if all goes as planned.
Well, that's it. Pretty disappointing way to end a win streak, especially when you throw in Carmelo's injuries. We need this team to get healthy.