Friday, February 10, 2012

Brandon Jennings is Maybe Interested in Big Markets

Not that I particularly care, but since it was listed on ESPN New York, I thought I'd share this. Brandon Jennings on his (possible) pending free agency:
"I am going to keep my options open, knowing that the time is coming up,'' Jennings said in an email interview. "I'm doing my homework on big-market teams.''

Jennings, 22, is in his third NBA season and will be eligible to sign a long-term contract extension with Milwaukee this summer. Jennings can become an unrestricted free agent in 2014 if he signs a qualifying offer after next season.
Recall that in 2009 when Jennings was drafted, he was pretty angry about not being selected by the Knicks. That year, the Knicks picked Jordan Hill and ended up missing out on a multitude of point guards, Jennings being one of them. Others include Ty Lawson and Jrue Holiday, all three of whom could be useful point guards to the Knicks these days.

Anywho, I don't like Brandon Jennings and I won't be polite about it. For one, I'm not a fan of his attitude, but ignoring that, his game doesn't strike me as the winning type. He's got loads of talent, sure, but for his career, he shoots a low percentage from the field (38% FG) and he is not a pass-first PG. Granted, Milwaukee hasn't had great players to pass to, but 5.3 apg for his career with 2.1 turnovers per game doesn't strike me as someone the Knicks should target with their limited money. Not that there's any evidence of mutual desire, but just thought I'd point it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment