The Wizards, at 5-20, are actually just coming off of a win vs. Toronto. Teams like that can always be a bit dangerous, especially if they're feeling confident. The Knicks cannot take this game any lighter than they would any other oppontent. Here's what I'll be looking for:
- JEREMY LIN, OBVIOUSLY!
- Jeremy has become something of an icon over these past five days. He managed to top his career game against New Jersey with an even bigger game against Utah in his first ever start. Linsanity has struck the Garden and it's starting to spread around the NBA. Without Melo and Amar'e, Lin needs to be aggressive by cutting into the lane for layups, or setting up teammates for easy baskets. In a Summer League game two years ago, Lin packed John Wall's lunch, so that makes tonight's matchup even more fun.
- In the recap of the Utah Jazz game, I mentioned that Landry Fields and Iman Shumpert were both disappointing in how they failed to pick up the slack. The Knicks will need them both to be double-digit scorers while the two top guns are out. Likewise, Bill Walker and Steve Novak need to provide energy and shooting off the bench as they did this past Monday.
- Against Utah, Tyson Chandler (4 capitals in a row!) was absent for a lot of the game because he was in foul trouble. With no Amar'e or Josh Harrellson, Tyson needs to stay on his feet and not commit foolish fouls. Likewise, at times Tyson goes a bit overboard on his screens which can cause him to pick up tick-tacky fouls. He needs to be smarter tonight.
Washington Wizards Scouting Report
- Power forward Andray Blatche is injured but that hasn't stopped him from helping the team as much as he can. To help make John Wall even quicker than he is, Andray ties a rope around himself and attaches it to a blet on John Wall. He then sits on a foul-wheeled scooter and makes John run suicide sprints.
- Shelvin Mack and Trevor Booker have an exclusive book club called "Mack-Book". This week they are reading "Stellaluna", which was highly recommended by Jordan Crawford.
- Rashard Lewis has convinced rookie Jan Vesley that there is candy corn hidden in Ronny Turiaf's beard, and for each piece he finds, he may take one of Rashard's "signature corner 3s".
We're all ready for the Washington Wizards! With a win tonight and a loss from Milwaukee Bucks, the Knicks would move into 8th place! So... the Knicks should try and win! And the Bucks should try and lose! Exclamation points!!!!