The Knicks are off today and will once again try and recoup before tomorrow's game against Portland. Having lost six games in a row and fallen out of 8th place in the East, things aren't too fun right now.
Let's have a look around the web to see what some folks are talking about!
- Two of ours links come from Posting and Toasting. One is Seth's recap from last night which was far less dramatic, far more reasonable, and a much more astute analysis than my own. The other is the newest installation of Osborn's "This week's plot" segment about the Knicks coming games this week. Good work as usual from the P&T crew.
- Kelly Dwyer of Ball Don't Lie wrote a fantastic piece about how the Knicks are being so Knicks-y this season. Really sound, accurate, intelligent arguments and statements from Mr. Dwyer. Definitely check this one out.
- Alan Hahn is his typically excellent self in the latest Fix. The most alarming stat in the piece is that the Knicks need to go 15-9 the rest of the season to even finish at .500. Yikes.
- The Knicks are searching for trades for Toney Douglas. I reckon that this is at least partially as a favor for Toney who has completely fallen out of the rotation and needs a new start. The article mentions that no specific names have been targeted, but the Knicks may look for another big man off the bench. Not sure any team would be willing to part with one of those for Toney's corpse. I think I'd prefer they try and snag a draft pick with him, since the Knicks do not currently have any.
- Lastly, yesterday was the five-year anniversary of the last time James Dolan spoke to the media in more than prepared statements. Howard Beck gives an interesting look at the mystery (and questionable acitons) of Dolan.
Have a good day, and enjoy the sun Gildensterns and Rosencrantzes! More later today!