The Knicks meanwhile aren't in the best shape themselves. After building a 17-point lead against the Indiana Pacers, the Knicks squandered it entirely in the 4th quarter and failed to stay above .500. Furthermore they have just a one game lead over the Milwaukee Bucks for the 8th seed in the Eastern Conference. But with the Magic in an unstable position, it may be a blessing for the Knicks to steal a game.
Jump for some notes on what to watch for tonight!
- TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE MAGIC!
- Surely the Magic are not completely unified by what happened between Van Gundy and Howard and it may show on the court. Just like the Knicks took advantage of the Magic at the Garden last week when they lacked energy, the Knicks should come out and immediately stomp on the Magic.
- GET EVERYONE REST!
- If the Knicks can come out and build (and of course, secure) a big lead over Orlando, they can rest their top guns. After tonight, the Knicks don't play again until Sunday afternoon, so a blowout game could really be helpful. Carmelo Anthony appears to have gotten over his groin, but he could use a rest, and Baron Davis above all could use time off.
- RE-ESTABLISH THE DEFENSE!
- The Knicks played solid defense in Indiana for three quarters on Tuesday, but gave up 40 (!!) points in the 4th quarter and thus gave up the game. If the Knicks do find themselves in a tightly contested game tonight, they'll need their recent suffocating defense to pull them through.
That's it for now! Game is at 7 on TNT, but will still be on MSG as well. Enjoy!