Friday, May 18, 2012

Here's What They're Saying

So, while the playoffs continue for the eight remaining teams in the NBA, the Knicks sit idly by, waiting for the season to end so that their offseason may begin. Not too much of importance has happened in Knick land recently, but there's still some stuff to read over.

Why don't ya take the jump for some links?!

 - Over at Posting and Toasting, they're counting down the best basketball things to happen to the Knicks this year. This one is the best win of the year. Looks like the Linsanity win over the Lakers, where Jeremy shredded Los Angeles for 38 points took the crown. I agree.

 - Jared Zwerling of ESPN New York broke down the Knicks' money situation for this summer, and he did so in delightful detail. Thanks, Jared!

 - Kyrie Irving won Rookie of the Year recently, and Larry Bird won Executive of the Year. Congrats, I guess. It's totally cooler to finish fifth in Rookie of the Year voting and sixth in Executive of the Year voting, as Iman Shumpert and Glen Grunwald did, respectively. 

 - Dan L of KnicksFanBlog wrote about the Jeremy Lin-Steve Nash debate. I agree with him, for what it's worth.

 - This kind of went unnoticed by most casual observers, but the Knicks acquired the rights to two players in the Tyson Chandler trade. One of them, Georgios Printzeis (whose name I pretty much never read all the way through), has been doing quite well in the Euroleague and hit a game-winner recently too! However, the Knicks are unlikely to get him to come to the NBA anytime soon because of money things. I'd be kind of cool with packaging his draft rights with like, Toney Douglas to try and get another draft pick in this coming draft, but hey, I once traded the rights to my grandma for a Snickers, so....
  • Now that I read what I just wrote above, it deserves mention that over the last few years the Knicks have made a habit of getting young, talented, developing players, potentially on the cusp of greatness (or at least breakout), and then traded them. So it does sort of sicken me to trade a young, perhaps promising player like Georgios. 
 
 - Alan Hahn also kind of outlined the coming summer for the Knicks, and it's really good.


I'm sure there's loads more I could link on here since my extended absence, but that's all I can think of for now. Enjoy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment